UTBA Shop Local “Shop Small” Holiday Campaign
Small Business Saturday happens November 27th
Here’s what the UTBA is doing to promote Upper businesses during the holiday shopping season
We’ll set up a table at Wayside Village on Saturday, November 27th from 10 AM-2 PM. Volunteers needed! Will give out Community Guides, direct shoppers to your businesses, run 2 contests and give out UTBA bags. If you have a coupon or promotion flyer we’ll give that out too.
UT Shop Small campaign lawn signs have been placed placed throughout the Township with this message.
Hats Off to You Contest
Bring receipts totaling $40 to the UTBA table on Saturday and win a winter hat, donated by Yes She Can!
Social Media Post
Post a selfie at any Upper business, tag UTBA on Facebook or Instagram and use #UTShopSmall to be entered into a weekly drawing for 2 $50 gift cards to the member business of your choice. Through December 2021.
Here’s some suggestions on how you can promote your business this holiday season.
- Spread the Small Business Saturday message in your business, on your website, and on social media sites. Use #UTShopSmall to help create community awareness.
- Do you have a listing on Google My Business? Add posts, update hours, add photos. GMB is great for local search.
- Pick a cause! Connect your business with a local cause or charity and team up with them to help promote supporting local businesses in your community.
- Encourage your most loyal customers to share your Small Business Saturday promotional materials with their friends to help spread the word. Urge them to share on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Decorate for the holidays to make shopping even more enjoyable. Offer extended hours, refreshments during the holiday season
- Build an email list with raffles that require an email address
- Offer one product or promotion that is exclusive to Small Business Sat
- Organize an event around your business type; food tasting, 5k run, demo, webinar
- Consider an in-store contest- “Guess how many…”
- Launch a FB Live demo or tour of your store, introduce employees, give a code at the end for a promotion
- Offer a discount for signing up for your blog, newsletter, or providing contact information.
- Ask shoppers to “check-in” on FB when they visit your store